The Next Generation of Credit Ratings
On July 2, 2019, Morningstar, Inc. completed its acquisition of DBRS, resulting in a full-service global credit ratings business of approximately 700 employees around the world.
One year later, DBRS Morningstar is now one fiercely independent rating agency committed to empowering investor success by bringing transparency, responsiveness, and leading-edge technology to the industry. Market innovators choose to work with us because of our agility, transparency, and tech-forward approach.
Learn why DBRS Morningstar is the next generation of credit ratings.
About DBRS Morningstar
- We’re a market leader in Canada, and in multiple asset classes in the U.S. and Europe
- Rates more than 3,000 issuer families and nearly 60,000 securities worldwide
- Approximately 700 employees around the world
- Rates entities across all asset classes, including corporate finance, public finance, insurance, infrastructure finance, sovereigns, financial institutions, and structured finance
- Data derived from our ratings activities and analytical tools includes web-based research and ratings data feeds that can be easily integrated into your company’s internal databases
- Developed an ESG assessment framework encompassing up to 17 ESG risk factors, which is currently considered in DBRS Morningstar’s issuer and transaction-specific ratings for the life of the rating Registered in - the United States with the SEC as a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO)